Baseball Bats For Kids
Best Baseball Bats For Kids? Who has it and what is it? Back in my day, we didn’t have that big of a selection to choose. I remember in High School when the only Baseball Bat that was in the conversation was the Easton Black Magic (I am getting old). After sitting here a moment and thinking about it, we might have had it better back then. We didn’t have to worry about all these different styles of bats or bat brands and what materials they used to make them.
There wasn’t all these different stamps or classifications of bats. Now there’s a guide or a chart to follow just to make sure you are using a legal bat. That was something we never had to worry about back in my day. It was everyone using the same bat, an even playing field if you will — a true testament to prove if you were a good hitter.
Which Bat Brand and Style
Times have changed, especially in the equipment athletes use. In today’s game, there are many choices, from the brand to the style of the bat we swing. I do from time to time think about the “What If’s.” I coach, and I am around all the latest equipment that is in today’s game.
I will pick up a player’s bat every now and again and think, hmm.. I wonder what kind of hitter would I have been if I had this back in my day? Okay, we all probably do that with one thing or another.
Baseball Bats and Technology
Today’s bats are just awesome, and the bat companies are creative as ever. They introduce us to new technology on a yearly basis. Like the changes in materials to make a bat, the eye-catching graphics painted on the barrel, the different asymmetric handles we now see on some bat models, And of course, the names that are giving to each thunderous stick, names like the “OMAHA“, the “Beast X,” the “Voodoo” and who can forget the “INSANE” (don’t read into that).
Private Hitting Lessons and Video
There are differences and similarities when examining the hitting instruction for youth players and experienced players. No matter the age, you can teach youngsters how to hit a baseball correctly as long as you have the right guidance.
The fundamentals of hitting are the same throughout baseball, whether you’re a youth or a college player. Conventional hitting fundamentals continue the same and should be explained to kids early on.
Fundamentals Of Hitting
1. Proper hitting stance is shoulder width apart. At a young age don’t worry about teaching the open or closed position.
2. Hold the bat vertical 5-7 inches away from chest level.
3. Angle the bat slightly over the back shoulder, so if the batter is left-handed, the bat would be over the hitters left shoulder. If the hitter is right-handed, then the bat would be over his right shoulder.
4. Pushing off of your back leg to shift weight back to the front at contact. The weight distribution generates the power in your swing.
5. Keep your sights on the ball at all times. You can’t hit the baseball if you can’t see it. Many youths have this problem early on. They tend to jerk their head out when swinging the bat, thus not following the ball as long as they can before contact.
6. Maintain a smooth, consistent swing, keeping your bat on the swing plane through the hitting zone. You will feel confident if you have an established way to swing the bat.
Those are the main hitting fundamentals that every player needs to know.
Best Baseball Bats For Kids
There are differences in teaching the youth player, and this usually depends on their age and size. When instructing kids how to hit a baseball, you want to modify your approach. Be very composed when working with kids. Having the right equipment is essential. Youth that is using equipment that fits them properly tend to stay focused longer. Nobody wants to swing a bat they can barely pick up.
Budget For Equipment
How much do you want to invest in our athlete?
Think about the cost and discuss it with your significant other.
Make sure the bat you are purchasing is legal and approved to use in your child’s league (Local Youth Leagues will sometimes post the approved bat list on their website).
Critical Factors When Purchasing A Bat
Below is a weight and height chart, but I’ll give you an example of how the length to weight ratio works to help understand how to use the chart table. A player 4’1″ to 4’4″ weighing 100-110 pounds is recommended to use a 29″ bat.
Once finalized with all the critical decisions, your choice of a bat will most likely be narrowed down to two or three.
Keep your eyes open for those online sales. I’ve been to the local sporting good stores, and you won’t find much of a baseball bat selection, and you will rarely find a deal. Look for free shipping too.
This process can be a fun one; I hope you will find the perfect bat for your baseball season.
Leading Brands of Baseball Bats
Each year, a broad range of youth baseball bats are available online by leading baseball companies. For parents looking to get their young aces a quality bat, this means finding the right bat can be a difficult task. We make it easier for you by compiling a comprehensive list of the Baseball Bats For Kids review. Once you read through this review, you will be able to find a bat that suits your young one perfectly.
- Easton – As the #1 bat in Youth Baseball, you can trust and expect that Easton will deliver the best performing bats in the game.
- Louisville Slugger – Approved for play in AABC, Babe Ruth, Cal Ripken, Dixie Youth, Little League, and Pony baseball.
- Marruci – Engineered barrel-end wall thickness profiles improves balance and allows for faster swing speeds.
- Rawlings – High-performance metal Baseball bat delivers exceptional pop and balance.
- DeMarini – 3Fusion Handle for greater weight control and feel. 3Fusion End Cap.
- Axe – Patented Axe handle enables your best swing, more often – maximizing bat speed and improving barrel control for harder, more consistent contact.
- Combat – Provides hitters with a more prominent sweet spot which almost seems unfair — 20-40% larger than the competitor.
- Mizuno – Hot Metal Alloy and CORTECH design give you a significantly larger sweet spot.
Choose the Best Bat
Here are some questions you might want to answer when choosing the right bat. Good luck to you and I am sure you will find the right bat. If you have any questions, send me an email or leave a comment below.
- What coach pitch bat and T-ball bat are for the youth baseball players?
- Are Junior big barrel bats allowed for any league which recognizes USSSA baseball?
- There are Youth bats for Little League and youth big barrel bats for Senior League baseball. What is the difference?
- What is the height or your player, weight, skill, and strength levels?
- Which bat length, weight and barrel diameter is best for you?
- Do you want a composite or aluminum bat?
- What is the difference between a One piece or Two piece bat?
- What does drop weight mean?
Find The Answers RIGHT HERE
Baseball Bats For Kids – Conclusion
In closing, you have to acknowledge the style, height, hitting prowess and other particular details of a player before determining which is the perfect youth baseball bat. For example, if the player is proficient at using wooden bats, Marucci bats might be the best way to go.
If there are no budget restrictions and only best performance bats will do, you can go with a high-end Easton or Louisville Slugger composite bats. If you want a bat that produces without burdening your budget, an alloy bat from DeMarini fits the bill ideally.
There’s no one-solution-fits-all when it comes to best youth baseball bats. It’s always fitting to try out a few bats if you can before finalizing one. Remember though, Online Stores like Amazon have a great return policy. Good Luck!
Table Of Contents
- 1 Baseball Bats For Kids
- 2 Which Bat Brand and Style
- 3 Baseball Bats and Technology
- 4 Private Hitting Lessons and Video
- 5 Fundamentals Of Hitting
- 6 Best Baseball Bats For Kids
- 7 Budget For Equipment
- 8 Critical Factors When Purchasing A Bat
- 9 Leading Brands of Baseball Bats
- 10 Choose the Best Bat
- 11 Baseball Bats For Kids – Conclusion