Best Baseball Training Supplies
We have gathered information and put a list together of some of the Best Baseball Training Supplies for pitching and fielding and hopefully make your choices easier. Whether you are looking to become a vacuum in the field or to become a master on the pitcher’s mound, you will sure to find some useful training aids. From pitching nets, heavy baseballs, radar guns to specialized training gloves, the list is intended to offer help all players improve their respective game.
Please Note: There is no particular order when it comes to making the list of the Best Baseball Training Supplies.
(PowerNet Sports/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
PowerNet Sports is one of the leading producers of practice nets for baseball and softball. The net measures 7 feet high by 7 feet wide (weighs about 15 pounds) and features an opening in the middle so you can practice your pitching or throw accuracy. It has extra thick netting to prevent damage, and the bow frame provides stability and durability. And as for set-up, you can have it up and ready in under 3 minutes, while it’s compact to enough to practice anywhere.
This net is multi-functional for the baseball, softball, and even T-ball player as it could be a hitting cage, too. Have someone soft toss pitches or set up a batting tee in front of hit and swing away. Other pluses are that PowerNet includes a free carrying case and a lifetime warranty — including lifetime replacement parts — with each purchase.
This net can be used for both indoor and outdoor services. It can be used with real baseballs, weighted balls, and even softballs. Besides, this high-quality net has been tested for durability. The legs have rubber feet to provide maximum stability to the net.
Coming with a large canvas bag, you can easily carry or store the net. The large straps allow you to easily carry the bag on the shoulders. When it comes to setting up, it only takes less than 2 minutes! You can save more time for practice.
Why do You Like PowerNet Baseball Pitching Net?
- PowerNet Highly Durable: This is one of the most durable baseball pitching nets in the market.
- PowerNet Highly Portable: Besides the lightweight nature of the net, the canvas carrying bag allows you to easily carry the bag.
- It Is Highly Versatile: This net can be used for both indoor and outdoor activities.
(SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
From sports training aid giant SKLZ these are designed weighted baseballs for building strength for pitchers and throwing overall. Much like a hitter would use a donut, the weighted baseballs are a great way to warm-up.
The baseballs are the regulation size (9 inches in circumference), but just a little more massive in weight. Weighted baseball training builds throwing and pitching strength. Weighted Baseballs come in a 2-ball set that includes a 10 oz. (yellow) and 12 oz. (black) weighted baseball. Same size, construction, and materials as an official baseball. Hitting them with a bat may damage both the ball and your bat! Bullpen sessions and warm-up throw only.
Great for pitchers and fielders of all skill levels, the Weighted baseballs will give you a strong on-field performance. Designed to help improve the strength of a player’s throwing arm, the Weighted baseballs are the same size as an official baseball, yet has an increased weight to enhance an athlete’s throwing strength. Includes 2 weighted baseballs per purchase.
- Heavy standard-sized baseballs build greater throwing and pitching strength
- Same construction and materials as an official baseball
- 2-pack includes 10 oz. (yellow) and 12 oz. (black) weighted balls
- Use for training or pre-game warm-up
- 9″ balls have real raised seams and leather cover
- Ideal for building throwing and pitching strength
(SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
The SKLZ Hit-A-Way baseball trainer is perfect for team or solo practices. Build confidence as you learn to perfect your swing. The adjustable “pitch” hit allows you to lower or raise the ball so you can add variety to your hitting routine. The Hit-A-Way trainer allows both right and left-handed batters to strengthen their stance, improve they’re switch-hitting, and reach their athletic potential. Convenient to set up, and easily portable the Hit-A-Way is great for all diamond players and teams.
Simply set it up to a tree or pole for hours of fun. Improve your batting average, increase your power, and drive home your home runs. This high-repetition solo batting training aid works with you to build muscle memory. Improve your battings skills with the Hit-A-Way baseball trainer. With hours of fun at your fingertips, this is the perfect training tool for diamond sports athletes.
- INCREASE BATTING POWER.Train harder with the SKLZ Hit-A-Way portable baseball trainer for teams or solo players. The sturdy pole and twist-back design help players improve hand-eye coordination, batting power, and timing so you can perform your best.
- DEVELOP BETTER SWING MECHANICS. Practice proper technique so you can lock down your swing. Ideal for right and left-handed batters, as well as switch-hitting. Find solid contact and follow-through as you find the sweet spot time and time again.
- BUILD A RHYTHM. With an adjustable pitch height, raise or lower the ball to your desired level. Get up to 500 swings per hour, without chasing the ball. Find your rhythm, increase your length of hitting intervals and strengthen your swing over time.
- IMPROVE CONFIDENCE AT BAT. Set yourself up for success by using the right tools before you step up to the plate. With the Hit-A-Way you can practice refining your swing, building confidence in your game, and gaining strength in your batting muscles.
(Victorem -Best Baseball Training Supplies)
Any personal trainer or physical therapist knows that one of the best ways to prevent or rehab from injuries is by taking the time to strengthen the weakest points and increase mobility in the areas that are lacking this. From youth to the pros, pitchers and quarterbacks have relied on these bands to ensure that they are ready for top competition.
These bands were specifically engineered to give athletes a quick and simple warm up to perform before throwing, or on-off throwing days, to encourage muscle mobility, arm strength, and arm stamina. That’s why you need the revolutionary new Victorem Throwing Mobility Bands designed specifically to take you deep into games with the same stamina and strength as when you started.
Far easier to use than tying resistance bands to a fence, and making up your workout on the fly, these bands come with a clip and Velcro strap connection.
Each set comes with the following:
- SPORT SPECIFIC INJURY PREVENTION-The best warmup prior to throwing for any pitcher or quarterback. Bands increase arm mobility, strength, & stamina to help prevent and rehab from injury more efficiently.
- WORKOUT GUIDE INCLUDED-Follow our 11 arm/rotator cuff exercises that come with every order. These workouts are a great warm-up prior to throwing or make for a great workout on off throwing days.
- EASY TO CONNECT-Other throwing mobility bands only connect to a fence with a clip. Victorem’s bands come equipped with a Velcro strap attachment so that it can easily be attached when a fence is not available.
- QUALITY MATTERS-Don’t purchase a band with low ratings that will break within your first workout! These bands are made to last and we will give a 100% money back guarantee to anyone who is not satisfied with the product.
- TAKE THEM ANYWHERE-Our bands even come with a sporty carrying bag, making it even easier to take with you on the go.
You will receive instructions on using the band and different training drills to maximize strength and flexibility. A perfect warm-up/stretching tool or a rehab aid from a previous injury or surgery.
(SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
The first training aid for fielders on the list comes from SKLZ, one of the heavy hitters in the sports training world. The SKLZ Reaction Ball is designed to improve hand-eye coordination, reaction time, reflexes, and agility, everything needed to become a top-notch fielder. How does it do that? Well, it’s not your typical baseball.
Field Training Ball and Agility Trainer for Baseball and Diamond Sports.
Gaining the winning edge in sports is often a matter of mastering the basics: quick feet, rapid change of direction, and sharp hand-eye coordination. The reaction ball is a multi-sport tool aimed at developing these basics while also presenting a fun challenge.
Reaction Ball fielding aid is perfect for improvement of hand-eye coordination and reaction time. Volley the Reaction Ball between two athletes, or rebound it against a wall. Upon landing, the ball will bounce in an unpredictable manner. Repeating these steps will improve your speed and coordination for baseball.
This baseball training aid has six sides and bounces like a rubber ball (made from rubber), so when the ball comes toward you, there is no way to tell what direction it’s going to go. Think about a last-second lousy hop on a routine ground ball to shortstop. This ball will take a path of bad bounces all the way to you, so definitely be on your toes and focused.
The SKLZ Reaction Ball is for use in a group or even solo setting.
If you are working out alone, toss it off a wall and let it come back to you.
- Six-sided high-bounce rubber design causes the ball to leap and pop randomly
- For use on all hard surfaces and walls
- Great training tool for baseball
- Use solo against a wall or in a team setting
- Develops quick reaction for players of any sport; improves reflexes and agility
- Ideal for sharpening your hand-eye coordination
It is recommended for players ages six on up and accompanied with 100% guarantee money return if you are not happy with the product.
(SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
The Softhands Baseball Fielding Trainer from SKLZ will teach proper technique of fielding ground balls. It’s not a typical glove as you can see in the video above. It’s a flat foam pad with finger slots on the back, which will keep it attached to your hand.
One of its primary purposes is promoting the use of both hands when fielding a ground ball. This will also ensure you keep your chest in front of baseball. You will not be able to “stab” at the ball like you can with a regular glove. Another improvement is the speed and smoothness of transferring the ball from your glove to your throwing hand. These are important fundamentals baseball players need to do on their way in becoming good infielders.
The Fielding Trainer can be worn on either hand and is suitable for players of all ages. Please do not use the soft hands fielding trainer for fly balls or line drives. Stick to your regular glove to avoid any problems or possible injury.
- Reinforces the use of two hands
- Reinforces the player getting his/her body in front of the ball
- Fits either hand
- Appropriate for all levels of play
- Can be used for baseball or softball
SKLZ Soft Hands help improve fielding skills and the transition from the glove to the throwing hand. Reinforces the use of two hands and the player getting their body in front of the ball. Fits either hand. Appropriate for all levels of play.
(SKLZ/Amazon -Best Baseball Training Supplies)
The SKLZ Fielding Trainer is a multi-purpose net designed to hone their skills. The innovative construction allows the fielding net setting to be at three different settings. By adjusting the fielding net, you can practice fielding grounders, line drives, and fly balls. All types of hits encountered during a game.
In the middle of the fielding net, there is a generously-sized yellow target. Hit the target consistently and then get your glove ready for the return. With the fielding net, you will have more reps than someone hitting baseballs.
True Ball Returns
The Fielding Trainer is designed to give your players the hit-like returns—grounders, line drives and fly balls—they need to build the reactions, muscle memory, and glove skills that turn average defenders into all-star playmakers.
The Fielding Training gives your players three distinct ball returns—grounders, line drives and fly balls—with game-like speeds and action. It’s the one defensive trainer that truly does it all, giving players the reps they need to cut reaction times, build muscle memory and reduce errors.
Your players will go fielding grounders to catching line drives and fly balls in an instant with the Fielding Trainer’s easy settings. This gives you the power to have more dynamic practices and coaching sessions or lets players practice multiple defensive plays on their own.
Defense To Go
Designed for easy setup, takedown, and storage, the Fielding Training is perfect for practices, one-on-one coaching or using in the backyard. It truly is the one ball return that does it all, helping your players build their defensive skills and confidence.
- GROUND BALLS, LINE DRIVES, AND FLY BALLS. The SKLZ Fielding Trainer is the only baseball net that provides 3 realistic game-like ball returns and gives the athlete true ground balls, line drives, and fly balls. Give baseball and softball players the repetition they need to become a better fielder.
- CUT REACTION TIMES. The SKLZ Fielding Trainer baseball rebounder truly does it all, giving players the reps they need to cut reaction times, build muscle memory and reduce errors. It easily switches between grounders, line drives, and flyball return settings.
- DEFENSE ON THE GO. The SKLZ Fielding Trainer baseball net is the only pitch back that allows players to go from fielding grounders to catching line drives and fly balls in an instant. The baseball trainer’s easy settings give you the power to have more dynamic practices.
- EASY SETUP AND BREAKDOWN. Designed for easy setup, takedown, portability and storage, the SKLZ Fielding Trainer is perfect for solo practices, personal coaching or using in the backyard. It easily switches between ball return settings and helps players build their defensive skills and confidence.
- BECOME YOUR BEST. SKLZ prepares athletes to be ready for their sport. With the Baseball Fielding Trainer get hours of training the fundamentals of catching fly balls, ground balls, and line drives. Throw consistently at the target, get proper footwork and rhythm attacking the ball for seasons to come.
It is a great way to practice when you are on your own. Measuring four by four feet, the Fielding Trainer sets up and disassembles in minutes, while taking up little space.
If you don’t want to spend the roughly $120 for this item, check out the SKLZ PitchBack Baseball Trainer, which doesn’t have the adjustable net functions.
(Schutt/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
Strike Zone Home Plate is not only for pitchers but a useful tool for catchers and umpires. The Schutt Strike Zone Home Plate is lightweight and is rolled up for transport and storage. The Schutt Strike Zone Home Plater is for baseball and softball players of all ages.
And if you’re looking for an even bigger target, check out the Extended Strike Zone Home Plate from Schutt.
(Bushnell/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
Knowing how fast a player pitches or runs can instantly influence a coaching decision. Enter the Bushnell Velocity speed gun, which tells you the speed of an object within plus-or-minus 1 mile per hour. The Bushnell Velocity is outfitted with digital signal processing technology, which can measure the speed of a baseball from up to 90 feet, or a moving vehicle from as far as 1,500 feet. As a result, it’s a breeze to take a player’s 40 time or measure the speed of a tennis serve.
The Velocity is also a breeze to use, with a point-and-shoot pistol grip that displays the fastest speed timed once the trigger is released. The Bushnell Velocity radar gun offers an easy point-and-shoot operation that can be used for tracking everything from race cars to pitching speeds. A large LCD display makes it easy to read the speed. Lightweight and compact, the Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun measures 4.3 inches wide by 8.4 inches high.
For a comparable option, learn more about the Pocket Radar Ball Coach from Pocket Radar.
You can measure the speed of your favorite driver at the local racetrack or your favorite pitcher’s fastball at the ballpark with the Velocity Speed Gun from Bushnell. The speed gun is easy to use — just hold the pistol grip, point and squeeze the trigger. When releasing the trigger, the gun displays the highest speed clocked with ± 1 mph accuracy.
- Ranges: Baseball/Softball/tennis: 10-110 MPH (up to 90 feet)
- Auto racing: 10-200 MPH (up to 1,500 feet)
- Displays fastest speed once the trigger is released
- Easy-to-use, point-and-shoot pistol grip
- Large, clear LCD display
- An easy point-and-shoot speed gun with +/- 1.0 MPH accuracy
- Can track the speed of a ball from 10 feet up to 110 MPH
Table Of Contents
- 1 Best Baseball Training Supplies
- 2 1. PowerNet Baseball and Softball Practice Net 7 x 7 with bow frame
- 3 (PowerNet Sports/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 4 2. SKLZ Weighted Baseballs 2-Pack
- 5 (SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 6 FEATURES:
- 7 3. Hit-A-Way Portable Baseball Trainer
- 8 (SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 9 4. VICTOREM Throwing Mobility Bands
- 10 (Victorem -Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 11 5. SKLZ Reaction Ball
- 12 (SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 13 Field Training Ball and Agility Trainer for Baseball and Diamond Sports.
- 14 6. SKLZ Softhands Baseball Fielding Trainer
- 15 (SKLZ/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 16 7. SKLZ Fielding Trainer
- 17 (SKLZ/Amazon -Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 18 8. Schutt Strike Zone Home Plate
- 19 (Schutt/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)
- 20 9. Bushnell Velocity Speed Gun
- 21 (Bushnell/Amazon – Best Baseball Training Supplies)